5 Tips for Travelling With a Partner

If you’re looking for couple travel advice, you’ve come to the right post. This video is 13-years in the making! My husband Siya and I started travelling the world together right at the beginning of our relationship and never stopped. We are high-school sweethearts and global travel buddies with great tips to share with you on how to travel with a partner.

Travelling with a partner is the ultimate relationship test.

You really get to know many sides of your partner in a very short time. For better and for worse are really defined when you travel the world together. That’s why many who’ve never done it are adamant about taking that first trip. It can feel worrisome knowing you will be faced with the “not so pretty aspects” of a relationship. There will be days when you won’t be able to stand your partner, and you’ll have several conflicts of interest, but these are days when you learn and grow the most together.

5 Tips for Travelling With a Partner

Travel will strengthen your bond like nothing else.

Travelling is the ultimate way to develop a bond with your loved one. I truly believe nothing will deepen your connection the way travel can.

Travelling has taught Siya and I many lessons which we want to share with you. The following 5 tips we discuss in the above video are ones that we’ve learned throughout the years. Each one has really strengthened out relationship. The 5 tips are:

1. Learning to Compromise
  2. Taking Time Apart
  3. Dating Again
  4. Getting Through the Shit
  5. Not Thinking of Home

couples travel - 5 tips for traveling with a partner

If any of you reading this post have any advice you’d like to share, please do so by leaving a comment below. Also, if any of you have any questions related to this video, don’t be shy to ask away. We’d be happy to answer them!

***

• May 13, 2017 / 2:06 pm

I wouldn’t say it’s tougher than solo travel, it’s just different. I love being able to share moments with someone who means the most to me.

1. May 9, 2017 / 2:14 am

I love this. My fiancé is my favourite travel companion. Excellent tips which are common sense for the most part.

• May 9, 2017 / 2:11 pm

I’m glad you liked the tips 🙂 And congrats on finding your ultimate TB!

2. May 5, 2017 / 2:55 am

Thanks for sharing this tips. All pictures are looking awesome.

3. April 28, 2017 / 1:44 pm

That’s really fantastic travel tips for everyone. Traveling with a partner can be an incredibly rewarding experience and can strengthen a healthy relationship. These are very helpful for everyone.

• April 29, 2017 / 8:51 am

I’m glad you enjoyed this post. It’s very true that travelling with the right partner is the best! Siya is my ultimate travel buddy 🙂

4. April 28, 2017 / 3:30 am

You’re a very sweet couple…
    It’s amazing to travel with your partner and being able to share all kinds of great experiences together, and I truly believe that learning to listen and compromise is one of the main ways to keep on a healthy relationship…
    Backpacking Panda recently posted..Galapagos Islands: Welcome to Paradise!My Profile

5. April 27, 2017 / 12:37 am

Travel today has become an indispensable dish of each of us. Travel brings us new breaths, new sensations of colorful life

• April 28, 2017 / 2:09 am

That’s beautiful. Travel is beautiful in so many ways. It really opens us up and shapes the character of the people we become. It’s definitely done that for me.

6. David Muller
    April 20, 2017 / 9:48 am

This blog is written so beautifully the selection of words, pictures and travel story is just mesmerizing for more details about the related topic, Travelling around the world then visit this link.

7. March 19, 2017 / 7:40 am

Wow what an ideal couple both of you enjoy a lot while traveling together. Your smile on picture express your great experience very well.

8. March 5, 2017 / 6:19 pm

Getting complacent is a relationship is our biggest fear so we try and leave random notes and messages.
    We are just 2 years into the relationship and been travelling just under 2 years but we have made so many memories that we treasure.

We love getting lost and most of our trips are spontaneous ones. No matter how hard we try, we end up getting lost and then have a 5 second argument and back to our abnormal selves lol. Also, I’m getting better at directions and google maps…that’s another story lol
    Femmy Rona recently posted..What Have I Done With My Life?My Profile

• March 1, 2017 / 11:11 pm

Thank you 🙂 I wish the exact same for you my friend.