While living and working on a vegan farm in the south of India, I was introduced to laddoo balls. After one bite, I fell in love with these delicious healthy treats. After experimenting with some different ingredients, I came up with my own version of the laddoo ball, and I can tell you this:
THEY ARE EXTREMELY SATISFYING!
We all get cravings, and if you’re like me, on a daily basis. Instead of choosing a chocolate bar, candy, ice-cream or any other treats that are packed with refined sugar, indulging in one of these laddoo balls is guaranteed to satisfy that sweet tooth in a much healthier way. But enough yapping, lets get making!
Kristen’s Indian-Inspired Laddoo Recipe:
Ingredients (original recipe makes about 30 laddoo balls):
2 1/2 Cups of Pitted Dates
1 Cup of Unsweetened Dark Chocolate or Carob (Vegan is Optional)
2 Cups of Assorted Nuts (Walnuts, Pumpkin Seeds, Pecans, Almonds)
1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon of Cardamom
2 Tablespoons of Chia Seeds
1 Tablespoon of Dark Cocoa Powder
1 Cup of Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
1. In a food processor, combine dates, coconut, chocolate or carob, cinnamon, cardamom, chia, cocoa powder and nuts.
2. Blend for about 1 minute or until all ingredients are mixed evenly.
3. Take a tablespoon amount of the blended ingredients in your hand and roll into a ball.
4. Place the balls onto a plate or baking sheet and place in the fridge to chill for 25-30 minutes.
5. Try out your creation and share your thoughts below!
What did you think about this recipe? Share your thoughts in the comment box below!