How to Make a Living Creating Travel Videos

Want to make a living making travel videos? Keep reading…

Two of the most frequent questions I get on a daily basis are:

“Do you really make a living travelling the world making videos?”

The answer to that question is YES!  Not only am I making a living travelling the world making videos, but I’m making a very good living.

The second question is:

“Can I do what you do? You’re seriously living the dream!”

The answer to this question is also YES. You can absolutely do what I’m doing!

How to make a living making travel videos

I really do feel like I’m living the dream, and I want to help you live yours. That’s why I teamed up Nadine Sykora (Hey Nadine) and Matthew Kepnes (Nomadic Matt) who are two of the top people in the travel blogging and vlogging world to create: The Ultimate Course to Creating Travel Videos and Vlogging. Whether you’re looking to make this your job, or just to get better at filming your own travels, our course has been designed to help you kickstart your career in travel video making.

Nadine and I are two of the top travel vloggers and experts at video, but we didn’t start that way. In fact, I used to be so afraid of filming myself in front of people. Now, I film myself in some intense and ridiculous situations all over the world, and I don’t care who is watching. The confidence and skills we have both developed over the years are a result of a lot of trial and error during a time when the world didn’t really know what vlogging is. Luckily for you, we have compiled all of the things we’ve learned along the way that has helped us succeed and become two of the top travel vloggers in the world today. Basically, we’ve done all the trial and error, so you don’t have to.

Exploring Naihehe Cave aka Cannibal cave with Off Road Cave Safari in Fiji

Nadine and I filming together in Fiji!

We’re here to make your dream happen. You don’t need to worry about failure because you have Nadine and I walking you through video production, giving you feedback, answering your questions, and being your mentor. We will ensure you only follow what works, help you limit your mistakes, and provide guidance so you can get a leg up on the seemingly endless supply of new vloggers.

Not so long ago, it was nearly impossible for artists to make a living. Today, platforms such as YouTube have allowed creative people to thrive and make a living from their art. In fact, there are online video creators making millions and replacing the faces of television and film starts for some of the largest brand campaigns.

If you’ve been thinking about branching into the travel video world, NOW is the time to get started. There are so many opportunities out there and video is such a truly wonderful, different medium for storytelling.

What’s Included in This Course:

• Learn the art of filmmaking — from how to think about video, to developing shots, to painting a visual story that others want to watch.
  • Learn to get over any shyness and become a superstar on camera with our proven tips and advice.
  • Become an expert on gear — see what we use and why.
  • Get the dos and don’ts on filming outside, how to keep your gear safe, and how to always be on the right side of the law.
  • Learn the secrets to conducting great interviews and using those to grow your channel faster.
  • Become an editing master with advice on how to edit, structure stories, and do voiceovers.
  • Get the secrets to growing your channel and viewership from our experience — and failures.
  • Learn what to do — and not to do — in order to connect and collaborate with other influencers (a vital part of any YouTuber’s career)!
  • Learn how you can successfully make money in this industry.
  • Get access to a private Facebook group where you can network, collaborate, and get advice — not only from fellow students but also Nadine and myself!
  • Participate in quarterly webinars about different travel video topics.

Plus you’ll get interviews with other major YouTubers and video producers on how to edit, market, and create videos people want to watch! Included are Matthew Santoro (5.4 million+ subscribers), Mark Weins (400,000+ subscribers), Alli Speed (540,000+ subscribers), Mike Corey (18,000+ subscribers), and Abby Fuller (director, Chef’s Table on Netflix). (Plus, as we add more interviews, you’ll also get access to them too!)

If you’ve been looking for instruction on video or how to break into Youtube, this course is for you.

If you want to know how to work with tourism boards and companies to excel behind the camera, this course is for you!

The course is valued at $500 USD but we are giving you a special launch discount, bringing the course to a one-time payment of $349 USD. This will include lifetime access to the content and updates. With so many people turning their passion for video into careers, this is an investment that will pay off!

This course is for those who are serious about learning all the technical aspects of video but don’t want to pay thousands for a college course. This course is for people who don’t want to waste their time. This course is for people who understand that it’s going to be a lot easier to succeed, grow, and monetize their videos if they have expert teachers pull back the curtain and walk them through it step by step, and along the way, get questions answered and meet other YouTubers. Online success does NOT happen in a bubble.

If you want to fumble around for a year and maybe succeed, leave this page. If you would rather save time, get instant connections, learn from the best, and INVEST IN YOURSELF, click the button below to get instant access:

Get Instant Access Now

(Want to pay in installments? No problem! You can pay $120 per month for 3 months! Click here for that payment option.)

Money Back Guarantee

Moreover, if you aren’t 100% satisfied with this course or find it helpful, email me within 14 days of purchasing, and we will refund your money. I am that confident you will find this course valuable and educational. There’s nothing like it out there but, if after doing the work, you find it doesn’t meet your needs, we’ll happily and quickly refund your money. We are first and foremost here to help and if we can’t, we don’t deserve your hard-earned money!

Are you ready to turn your dream into reality?!

1. March 23, 2017 / 12:47 pm

Excellent overview on all the things that go into making videos. Do you have any tips on taking film equipment with you through the airport without it getting lost or destroyed? Thanks.
    Erin W recently posted..Congratulations, Lindsey!My Profile

• March 27, 2017 / 4:55 pm

I never check any of my gear. It’s always my carry on so I never had an issue in airports with it.

2. January 12, 2017 / 10:42 am

This sounds like a really cool deal. Thank you for sharing what they have to offer! Travel vlogging is so neat!

3. Nancy
    December 4, 2016 / 3:30 pm

I love your videos! You have inspired me to give making videos a go myself, so I set forth to purchase your e-course. However, whilst I was trying to make the purchase I hit a bit of a road block. When I clicked the links provided to read the pay pal policies, (terms of agreement Electronic Communications Delivery Policy. ect.) a message showed up saying, “You have requested an outdated version of PayPal.” It appears that I am still able to make the purchase, but I would like to read the policies first. I don’t know if this is the right place to report the problem, but this is the first place that came to mind. I am looking forward to your course, and would love to know where I should report this problem to so that it can be resolved. I hope you have a great day!

4. Tabea Hablützel
    September 12, 2016 / 9:27 am

Hi Kristen!
    When I saw this course a couple months ago, I really wanted to take it but then I told myself I should really much more be saving up for our upcoming world trip.
    So I thought to myself that I would take it when I have more money to spare. On Saturday I talked with my mum about taking courses and learning new stuff, because she just signed up for an extra course for her work, because she loves to learn new stuff that she will be able to use. So I told her about your course and my decision to not take it for now.
    Yesterday my Mum whatsapped me that she just transferred me the amount for the course and that I should enjoy and learn a lot. I was shocked and first did not want to take it. But she told me, it is ok, you can take the money, I want you to take this course and maybe one day be able to make it your work. How amazing is that. This means I WILL be taking your course very soon 🙂
    I can not wait !

• September 12, 2016 / 10:33 am

This is SUCH a sweet message! Thank you so much for telling me this. Best of luck on the course. It sounds like you’ve put a lot of thought into this and that it’s really important for you and that’s the first step to success!
      All the best to you (and your Mom too!)
      Kristen Sarah recently posted..5 Tips for Staying Vegan While TravelingMy Profile

• Nancy
      December 4, 2016 / 3:37 pm

Ha ha, I am in about the same boat! I decided to go ahead and take this course even though I haven’t got nearly as much money saved as I’d like. I figured that I could be learning this stuff while I earn money for my adventures. That way, when I am ready to go, I will have the skills I need to capture precious moments in time.

5. July 12, 2016 / 4:23 am

Kristen Sarah Hey girl, I got it. All purchased. 🙂 Question, will I always have access to this? Or something I can always refer to when making my vblogs when I finish with the course?

• July 12, 2016 / 1:14 am

Yup! It will always be available to you. It’s yours forever 🙂

6. July 11, 2016 / 3:25 pm

Hi Jen. I'm not sure why it said $92. It should be $120 per month for 3 months which brings you $360 or you can pay a one time fee of $349.

7. July 10, 2016 / 3:11 pm

I saw this on Nadine’s blog as well, and I’m just dying over it. It looks amazing! I’ll have to save up for it. You should have a giveaway to boost interest! I’d participate for sure 🙂

Alaina | http://www.pumpsandpineapples.com

8. July 8, 2016 / 2:29 pm

Hi Kristen,

This is awesome! Can't wait to get started!

Just had a quick question. The monthly installments, it says it's $92.00 for 3 months. Which means that it totals to $276.00 after the three months. Is that correct? Just wanted to make sure before I started.

Thanks girl!

-JM

9. Nianest
    July 7, 2016 / 6:06 pm

Hi Kristen,

I also left this question in Nadine’s blog post, but she hasn’t replied yet.

I’m interested in the course. However, when comparing travel videography courses I’ve noticed that others have posted some sort of “syllabus” for the content. Could you provide something similar?
    How transferable is the course content to local travel. I live in Hawaii and flying in and out of here is not cheap. Hence I wanted to focus my videos on local travel first. I’ve taken some film courses, but wanted to learn more about the business side of travel videos.

• July 7, 2016 / 9:22 pm

Hey! In the course, we cover everything from the technical side (cinematography, how to film in specific locations and events, what gear to use) to how to be better on camera (vlogging vs hosting, ways for being more natural on camera and ways to use your personality to build your audience) to the post production side of creating videos to how to grow and make money (mays for promoting your videos that work best, tips for networking and collaboration, working with brands and DMO’s), plus we add you to a private FB group with us and others who are taking the course where you can ask questions. We also include private webinars and exclusive interviews with top creators (we have 5 right now and will keep adding more, with no extra charge).

While it may be more difficult to get tourism boards to fly you from Hawaii, if it’s worth it for them to have you because of what you can offer them, it won’t be an issue where they are flying you to and from. That’s what this course will offer you, a chance to improve and grow your audience which will make you more desirable to potential clients. If you choose to focus more on creating content in Hawaii, you will still benefit from this course. Everything will still apply and help you to build your audience and create great relationships with brands and tourism boards that will help you turn this into a full time career if you choose to.
      Kristen Sarah recently posted..Visiting the Galapagos Islands: What You Should KnowMy Profile

10. Mikayla Henke
    July 6, 2016 / 12:33 pm

Ahhhh!! This sounds absolutely amazing, you guys are my role models!

The lighting in the second photo of you Sarah is stunning!

• July 7, 2016 / 4:46 pm

Thanks Mikayla! I’m really excited about this course. We put a lot into it, and I’m really confident that it’s going to really help a lot of people wanting travel and create videos for a living.