How to Pee Standing Up

I ‘m about to take our relationship to a whole new level…

As many of you may know, I have been in many situations where I’ve been traveling and stuck on a bus for hours with a full bladder. Where some bus drivers will stop for you, other will not, and when you need to urinate every 15 minutes, this is a real problem. So, I am very glad to have introduced a Freshette into my life. You may have heard of a SheWee before, and a Freshette is exactly the same, just a different name. Basically, it’s a female urinary director, and my saviour. In this week’s video, I ‘test’ out the Freshette because if I didn’t then I wouldn’t be able to recommend it to you. I hope you enjoy the video, but I must warn you that some viewers may find this video offensive…well, you can guess why…

Have you ever used a female urinary device?

1. December 27, 2013 / 2:31 pm

This video is awesome! after watching this video it reminded me a funny story:
    I was on a bus drive in China when I had to pee so badly, and there was a traffic jam in the middle of nowhere (Karakoram Highway) so I told the bus driver to wait a second cause I must pee. when I got off the bus and almost took my pants off, I realized that some Chinese are waiting to film me with thier cameras!! wish I had freshette at that moment…(=
    backpacking panda recently posted..Top 6 of ChinaMy Profile

• January 13, 2014 / 4:11 pm

hahahaha oh man, that’s hilarious. I bet you were the topic of discussion for the people watching that night at home.

2. Renee
    October 26, 2012 / 5:50 pm

Hi, looking for an alternative to the freshette when I stumbled across your post. I have had a freshette for years and use it when hiking and backpacking. Last time I used it I had a freshette “fail”. It overflowed (yes, all over my pants)and I would have been better hanging my bum out the old fashioned way. Fortunately it was at the end of the hike and wasn’t far from home. Looking for a different design.

• kristenj
      October 30, 2012 / 7:17 pm

Oh no!!! haha. That hasn’t happened to me yet. Have you check out the SheWee? That was the first one I ever heard of. There is also the Go Girl or Pstyle. There is also a urinary pouch. Let me know if any of those are better than the Freshette. Good luck!!!!

3. October 13, 2012 / 6:17 am

Love this post. You have made my day. Have sent this video to may friends. You are a star
    Laurie recently posted..Thaipusam 2013, MalaysiaMy Profile

4. Rob
    October 11, 2012 / 3:28 pm

I think I saw that thing on Dragon’s Den hahah.

5. September 7, 2012 / 4:00 am

Hahahaha I’m so glad you filmed this. So glad.

• kristenj
      September 27, 2012 / 2:31 am

It was a fun one:) I’m working on some others that I think you will enjoy also, if you enjoyed this one.

6. August 24, 2012 / 6:21 am

Its too funny ~ BUT we walking talking about this very product this morning! We were at a homeschooling group, sharing how easy it is when camping with boys compared to camping with girls! YOU are so very brave…love this video 🙂

• kristenj
      September 27, 2012 / 2:35 am

Thanks! You should get one, it will change your life! hahaha. It’s actually a lot of fun to use.

• October 10, 2012 / 9:21 am

Katie Lane and myself have staterd our first ambitious vegetable gardening project. It’s about 40 x 60 feet and out behind an old factory building my husband and I purchased last fall that we’re converting to a flea market and artist residency. We are just 1 hour north of Columbus in Mount Vernon. Love to have you come up if you have time!! Katie also owns/runs an art gallery (Root Art Center). And I know we both love your site!! and subscribe to your RSS. Love to meet you in person.Enjoy Ohio!

7. A Cook Not Mad ( Nat )
    August 17, 2012 / 7:16 pm

This is hilarious, I remember when the first female urinary director came out, my mother in law did the patent search for it and had samples. They were made of what looked like wax paper. That was in the late 90’s they’ve come a long way since then.

• kristenj