I always love a good inspirational travel quote and there are some excellent ones out there. I think these 50 may spark you wanderlust and make you want to get our and explore this beautiful planet….pronto!
Here we go…
50. “You get a strange feeling when you leave a place, like you’ll not only miss the people you love, but you miss the person you are at this time and place because you’ll never be this way ever again.” – Azar Nafasi
49. “Not all who wander are lost.” – J.R.R.
[Tweet “”I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.””]
47. “Discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” – Marcel Proust
45. “For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
[Tweet ““Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.””]
43. “I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
42. “The gladdest moment in human life, me thinks, is a departure into unknown lands.” – Sir Richard Burton
40. “We travel, some of us forever, to seek other places, other lives, other souls.” – Anais Nin
[Tweet ““The life you have led doesn’t need to be the only life you have.””]
38. “The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready.” – Henry David Thoreau
37. “Quit your job, buy a ticket, get a tan, fall in love, never return.” – Anonymous
35. “Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.” – Anonymous
34. “Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you have traveled.” – Mohammed
[Tweet “”Discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.””]
32. “Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind.” – Anthony Bourdain
30. “We must take adventures in order to know where we truly belong.” – Anonymous
[Tweet “”Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” “]
28. “It’s time to remember what it’s like to feel alive.” – Northlane // Quantum Flux
27. “To awaken alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.” – Freya Stark
25. “It’s a funny thing coming home. Nothing changes. Everything looks the same, feels the same, even smells the same. You realize what’s changed is you.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
24. “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – Saint Augustine
[Tweet “”I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine.””]
22. “No matter where or why you travel, there’s always something wonderfully new to be found.”- Anonymous
20. “Stuff your eyes with wonder, live as if you’d drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It’s more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories.” – Ray Bradbury
19. “Once the travel bug bites there is no anicdote, and I know that I shall be happily infected until the end of my life.” – Michael Palin
[Tweet ““We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.””]
17. “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.” – Mark Twain
15. “Our happiest moments as tourists always seem to come when we stumble upon one thing while in pursuit of something else.” – Lawrence Block
[Tweet “”It is not down in any map; true places never are.””]
13. “To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.” – Freya Stark
12. “To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted.” – Bill Bryson
10. “If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay at home.” – James Michener
[Tweet ““A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.””]
8. “Wandering re-establishes the original harmony which once existed between man and the universe.” – Anatole France
7. “To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.” – Aldous Huxley
5. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
[Tweet ““Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.””]
3. “If you’re twenty-two, physically fit, hungry to learn and be better, I urge you to travel – as far and as widely as possible. Sleep on floors if you have to. Find out how other people live and eat and cook. Learn from them – wherever you go.” – Anthony Bourdain
2. “People don’t take trips… trips take people.” – John Steinbeck
What’s your favourite travel quote?
Share it with us by leaving a comment below!
‘ It’s a funny thing coming home. Nothing changes. Everything looks the same, feels the same, even smells the same. You realize what’s changed is you.’ So true! I remember that my friend told me that before I left home for six months.
So very true! That’s why it can be difficult to come back. I always find reverse culture shock to be the hardest.