5 Tips for Travelling With a Partner

Reading Time: 2 minutes

If you’re looking for couple travel advice, you’ve come to the right post. This video is 13-years in the making! My husband Siya and I started travelling the world together right at the beginning of our relationship and never stopped. We are high-school sweethearts and global travel buddies with great tips to share with you on how to travel with a partner.

Travelling with a partner is the ultimate relationship test.

You really get to know many sides of your partner in a very short time. For better and for worse are really defined when you travel the world together. That’s why many who’ve never done it are adamant about taking that first trip. It can feel worrisome knowing you will be faced with the “not so pretty aspects” of a relationship. There will be days when you won’t be able to stand your partner, and you’ll have several conflicts of interest, but these are days when you learn and grow the most together.

5 Tips for Travelling With a Partner

Travel will strengthen your bond like nothing else.

Travelling is the ultimate way to develop a bond with your loved one. I truly believe nothing will deepen your connection the way travel can.

Travelling has taught Siya and I many lessons which we want to share with you. The following 5 tips we discuss in the above video are ones that we’ve learned throughout the years. Each one has really strengthened out relationship. The 5 tips are:

1. Learning to Compromise
  2. Taking Time Apart
  3. Dating Again
  4. Getting Through the Shit
  5. Not Thinking of Home

couples travel - 5 tips for traveling with a partner

If any of you reading this post have any advice you’d like to share, please do so by leaving a comment below. Also, if any of you have any questions related to this video, don’t be shy to ask away. We’d be happy to answer them!

***

1. August 30, 2019 / 8:02 am

I’ve recently got married and looking for some amazing tips for traveling with my partner found your blog which quite informative keep posting

2. August 28, 2019 / 3:11 am

What a lovely couple <3. I felt nostalgic about my trip to Morocco last year with my boyfriend and we enjoyed a lot. God Bless you both 🙂

3. August 20, 2019 / 12:09 am

I just love traveling. That’s why I always search for traveling vlogs. thanks for sharing this information.

4. August 12, 2019 / 1:10 am

Really Helpful Tips, i was just about to start my tour with my loved one
    Maria recently posted..Languages In IndiaMy Profile

5. August 3, 2019 / 5:16 am

Thanks for posting.

6. July 29, 2019 / 4:29 am

Love watching your videos, traveling with my boyfriend really feels like dating again and a great way to make memories.

7. July 13, 2019 / 1:04 am

Nice Picture..Both Looking Gorgeous.!! Your Trips a best for me. Thanks for sharing

8. July 8, 2019 / 4:13 am

I love travelling to new places, Last year i visit City Of Lake “Udaipur” with my friends i enjoying our trip udaipur. Udaipur is such a beautiful city, we see so many places like Mansoon palace, city palace, faheh sagar, badi lake, ghulab bagh, saheliyo ki bari and many more and i thankful to Udaipur Taxi Service who make our trip so much easier and successful.

9. July 5, 2019 / 2:44 am

Great vlog! New follower here! I’m starting to enjoy all your videos. Kudos!

10. June 26, 2019 / 10:12 am

I enjoy traveling and I can’t think of going anywhere without the love of my life. This feeling truly feels like dating again, taking us back before our kids and keeps the fire burning stronger. Thanks to your post I now won’t disappoint my wife on our next journey thank you.
    George Hervey recently posted..10 Best Backpacks with Matching Lunch Bags/Boxes 2019My Profile

11. May 5, 2019 / 3:36 pm

You said it right – learning to compromise. Not compromising will take away from the thrill of the travel adventure.

12. April 16, 2019 / 3:33 am

Thanks For this. We are just planning to travel in the month of may

13. March 22, 2019 / 8:19 am

Lovely pictures, and good tips to follow. Thank you for sharing with us.

14. March 21, 2019 / 8:09 pm

Thank you for sharing these good tips. I like ‘Learn to compromise.”

15. March 12, 2019 / 2:12 pm

Me and a friend of mine is planning to go on a trip mid year next year. We’d probably have a 2-3 day trip. What we’re still not sure yet is if it’d be better to join groups when we go there or would it be much better if we go on our own.
    Abhishek recently posted..Easter Island Travel: Planning A Once In A Lifetime VacationMy Profile

16. February 22, 2019 / 11:18 am

these are some good travel tips when you are going to travel with your better half. this is really article full of some good tips

17. January 9, 2019 / 11:35 pm

I really loved the blog It is so beautiful and the pattern way of writing is captivates me. In this time travelling has become an indispensable needs to each of human beings which give new boost in breath, sensation and explore the all color of living, it’s amazing moment to travel with your special one, spending some great time together.
    I appreciate to your idea that you shared your experiences with other through a blogs that really helping the peoples to maintain happy life.
    Sangam Shrestha recently posted..Sworga DwariMy Profile

18. November 2, 2018 / 1:46 pm

We all need a partner for moving always. fabulous post and thanks a lot

19. October 13, 2018 / 5:50 am

Hello, KRISTAN SARAH.
    Very helpful tips and amazing romance photos. A couple tour is always delightful. It is the perfect place, to test one to another love react in the new environment.

20. July 6, 2018 / 7:41 am

this blog is written very wonderfully i love it

21. July 3, 2018 / 5:50 am

Thank you so much for tips…..As travelling is so much important activity of everybody’s life….It refreshes the mind and soul….So travelling with partner built relationship strong and help in corporation with each other..As travelling should be creative to manage all activities.

22. June 18, 2018 / 8:03 am

I love this! You guys have had some pretty awesome places – all the pictures are simply beautiful. That has to be one of the most memorable, not many people get to say that they have accomplished that! Great Job!

23. March 27, 2018 / 3:39 am

Both of you looking beautiful together. It’s amazing to travel with your partner and being able to share all kinds of great experiences together,

• March 27, 2018 / 1:15 pm

Thank you so much 🙂 It really is so great to travel with someone you love. Such a great way to grow and experience life together.

24. December 10, 2017 / 1:40 am

There is a saying that goes: After travelling together, two person grows father apart or much closer, never the same. It’s so true. For lovers it’s definitely “closer together” though ;). Thanks for this article and fantastic tips !
    tony recently posted..Seiko Prospex, Seiko 6309 Reincarnated!My Profile

• November 26, 2017 / 2:31 pm

Thank you! I appreciate that you understand that a lot of work goes into the videos we make. I hope these tips help can help you in some way 🙂

25. October 5, 2017 / 5:42 am

What a great list of travel tips! We aren’t traveling this summer because we are moving at summer’s end and need to focus on that, but these are wonderful tips for next summer! Thanks for sharing!

• October 6, 2017 / 4:41 pm

I’m glad you find them helpful. Thanks so much for reading and happy travels 🙂

26. September 29, 2017 / 3:51 pm

Two beautiful people there, with their itchy feet and not in a hurry to scratch that itch. Good article and for sure, traveling together makes a couple’s love much stronger, fights, hugs and all.
    Pat Gioko recently posted..Coleman 4 People Family Tents ReviewMy Profile

27. September 19, 2017 / 11:49 am

Great couple and learned a lot with the video. Me and my partner would always have trouble when travelling, fighting over finding the tourist spot and who’s carrying the backpack, etc. But now we know better. Thanks a lot for sharing!

28. August 31, 2017 / 1:23 am

I will surely let my travelling buddy know about this. Thanks for sharing!

29. Merlin John
    August 7, 2017 / 7:38 am

Almost everyone love to travel and so as me; if it is with my partner I will definitely cherish and enjoy them. The things you have furnished here about traveling have compelled me to plan a trip to many places and keep your great write ups!
    Pacific Die Casting Mexico

30. July 25, 2017 / 7:56 pm

I feel about travel the way a happy new mother feels about her impossible, colicky, restless newborn baby – I just don’t care what it puts me through. Because I adore it. Because it’s mine. Because it looks exactly like me.

31. July 4, 2017 / 6:05 am

Very helpful tips, Stunning photos of beautiful people and daily life from around the world. Look forward to your travel updates.

• May 13, 2017 / 2:06 pm

I wouldn’t say it’s tougher than solo travel, it’s just different. I love being able to share moments with someone who means the most to me.

32. May 9, 2017 / 2:14 am

I love this. My fiancé is my favourite travel companion. Excellent tips which are common sense for the most part.

• May 9, 2017 / 2:11 pm

I’m glad you liked the tips 🙂 And congrats on finding your ultimate TB!

33. May 5, 2017 / 2:55 am

Thanks for sharing this tips. All pictures are looking awesome.

34. April 28, 2017 / 1:44 pm

That’s really fantastic travel tips for everyone. Traveling with a partner can be an incredibly rewarding experience and can strengthen a healthy relationship. These are very helpful for everyone.

• April 29, 2017 / 8:51 am

I’m glad you enjoyed this post. It’s very true that travelling with the right partner is the best! Siya is my ultimate travel buddy 🙂

35. April 28, 2017 / 3:30 am

You’re a very sweet couple…
    It’s amazing to travel with your partner and being able to share all kinds of great experiences together, and I truly believe that learning to listen and compromise is one of the main ways to keep on a healthy relationship…
    Backpacking Panda recently posted..Galapagos Islands: Welcome to Paradise!My Profile

36. April 27, 2017 / 12:37 am

Travel today has become an indispensable dish of each of us. Travel brings us new breaths, new sensations of colorful life

• April 28, 2017 / 2:09 am

That’s beautiful. Travel is beautiful in so many ways. It really opens us up and shapes the character of the people we become. It’s definitely done that for me.

37. David Muller
    April 20, 2017 / 9:48 am

This blog is written so beautifully the selection of words, pictures and travel story is just mesmerizing for more details about the related topic, Travelling around the world then visit this link.

38. March 19, 2017 / 7:40 am

Wow what an ideal couple both of you enjoy a lot while traveling together. Your smile on picture express your great experience very well.

39. March 5, 2017 / 6:19 pm

Getting complacent is a relationship is our biggest fear so we try and leave random notes and messages.
    We are just 2 years into the relationship and been travelling just under 2 years but we have made so many memories that we treasure.

We love getting lost and most of our trips are spontaneous ones. No matter how hard we try, we end up getting lost and then have a 5 second argument and back to our abnormal selves lol. Also, I’m getting better at directions and google maps…that’s another story lol
    Femmy Rona recently posted..What Have I Done With My Life?My Profile

• March 1, 2017 / 11:11 pm

Thank you 🙂 I wish the exact same for you my friend.

• August 9, 2019 / 7:25 am

A professional website designer provides great quality , beautifull in looking , responsive design and seo friendly. He take care of every terms and conditions in order to designing website. We provides our services with low cost price like Website Design, Banner Design and Logo Design etc. We are use to html , css , javascript , jquery , jquery-ui , ajax , bootstrap framework , adobe photoshop , corel draw , php and mysql database to develop a website. Our customer are very happy with us to work. We provides many types of website like personal website , blogger website , construction website , educational website , law related website , hospital website , business website and all types of website according to client.